Taco Bell Fun Facts!
I had no idea his name was Bell!
Sunday, the founder of Taco Bell passed away. He was 86. His name? Glen Bell Jr. I’ve always kinda wondered why it was Taco Bell…and now I know. Really, I wonder about that stuff.
Some Taco Bell fun facts:
- The first Taco Bell opened in Downey, California, on March 21st, 1962. Now there are more than 5,800 Taco Bells, employing more than 143,000 people!
- Bell sold the first Taco Bell franchise in 1964 and in 1978, he sold his 868 Taco Bell restaurants to PepsiCo for $125 million in stock.
- The first Taco Bell international franchise opened in Guam in 1977. Now, there are more than 278 Taco Bells in countries around the world
- Taco Bell profits are more than $6.6 BILLION annually!
- Taco Bell serves more than one billion burritos and more than two billion tacos every year.
- Annually, Taco Bell goes through 62 million pounds of pinto beans, 106 million pounds of cheese, and 3.8 billion tortillas.
- How much beef do they serve? On average, 295 million pounds of ground beef a year (translated to cows, that’s roughly 517,543 cows).
- 36.8 million people eat at Taco Bell every week!
- I prefer Taco Johns…because of the Potato Olés.